It is difficult to manage a floral business. There are many factors to pay attention to and out of them all, flower packaging is one of the most prominent. How you package flowers contribute to the success of your Orlando, Florida Floral business. Additionally, packaging methods ensure the safety of flowers. You want the flowers to arrive at their destination intact. They also need to be as beautiful as they were when they left your business. Here are some of the latest packaging trends in the floral business.
5 Popular Trends in Flower Packaging in Orlando
Synthetic Packaging Materials
Synthetic packaging materials provide a protective layer to protect them from damage. Three synthetic materials commonly used by floral businesses include:
- Transparent Film – This option is inexpensive and ornamental. Most florists use a variety of shades to create an attractive package.
- Organza – This fabric comes in a variety of bright colors, It is often used to wind flower stalks.
- Artificial Mesh – If you love a lot of choices, then artificial mesh has a lot of options. Mesh-wrapped flowers have an aesthetic appeal, but they also feel great when they are presented.
Natural Materials for Packaging
For floral businesses that want to use natural materials, there are several options. Some options include:
- Felt – Felt is often used in flower packaging. It adds to the decorative element. It’s also light and soft.
- Sisal – Sisal is made from leaves and is used frequently for packaging flowers. They work great for short or medium-stem flowers. It’s available in a variety of colors and provides a visually heavier appearance.
- Fiber – This packaging solution works well with other materials like mesh. It provides a natural look and enhances the presentation of the flowers.
Ribbons in Flower Packaging
Florists traditionally use ribbons with flower arrangements. It’s popular for a reason. It comes in a variety of colors, widths, and densities. They also pair well with other materials. Ribbons add a unique decorative effect. They also pair well with beads, threads, and pallets. This allows you to add more to the flower’s overall appearance.
Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials
Many industries are focusing on using eco-friendly materials and the floral business is trending that way too. It’s important that we all do our part to protect the environment. Flower packaging can be sustainable too and many of your customers are concerned about using eco-friendly materials. Custom decorative boxes are a great option when packaging flowers for a deserving recipient.
Reusable Packaging Materials
Consider making flower packaging reusable. There are plenty of options available. It can be a real selling point if a customer is trying to make a quick decision. Knowing they can repurpose a decorative box or vase is often the key to their final choice. They also like the idea that the packaging can be reused after the delivery. Knowing it won’t end up in a landfill can seal the purchase.
Think about these trends in flower packaging. You may want to mix them up a bit. Or, you may have one you prefer over the others. Many florists keep a variety of materials on hand. You never know how you may want to dress up your flowers. Be creative. Try several types of materials. Also, you may want to mix and match to get the desired look. You will find your own style and flair in no time. Not only will you be able to create stunning flower packaging. You will also be able to impress your customers with arrangements like these from a Fleur Box customer in Orlando, Florida.